Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal
- 1 General Knowledge of Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal
- 2 Product Categories and Properties
- 3 Excise Tax Rate for Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal
- 4 Excise Tax Rate Search System for Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal
- 5 Mapping with Harmonized System Code for Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal
General Knowledge of Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal
Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal is glass product that contains lead. It is normally used to make jewelry, furniture, general decoration and appliances like clocks, vases, glass beads, glasses, etc. Types of lead crystal glass may be divided into three categories.
* Soft glass (Soda Lime) normally contains soda and limestone composition with sand. Normally, it has glass (silica) sand 71-75%, soda 12-16% and other compounds. This type of glass includes glass bottle or jar, glass doors and windows. * Crystal glass (Lead Glass) normally contains glass sand 54-65%, lead oxide 18-38%, soda 13-15%. This type of glass usually has a high refractive index and is sparking. It can be used to make beautiful tableware, vases, glasses and other decoration accessories. * Borosilicate glass is a type of glass with a boric oxide as a component with glass sand 70-80%, boric oxide 7-13%, and aluminum oxide 2-7%. This type of glass is resistant to chemical corrosion and temperature changes. This glass type is often used in the chemical industry and in the laboratory as well as tubes and medicine bottles in the pharmaceutical industry, lamp part, heat-resistant kitchen utensils used in the oven.
Product Categories and Properties
List of Properties Used in Excise Tax Calculation
List of Properties for Data Analysis Purpose
Excise Tax Rate for Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal
|Item||Description||Ceiling Rate (Ad Valorem)||Applied Rate (Ad Valorem)|
|04.01||Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal|
|04.01(1)||(4.1) for used as table ware, kitchen ware, In bathroom, office, interior decoration or other similar purposes||30||15|
|04.01(2)||(4.2) Beads, imitation pearls, imitation gems or semi imitation gems and crystal made into similar small objects and products made from such materials except imitation jewelry and jewel, glass eye other than prosthesis small figure and other ornament made from glass and molded by blow lamp except imitation jewelry and jewel in spherical shape with nominal diameter not exceeding 1 mm.||30||15|
|04.01(3)||(4.3) Products in (1) or (2) to be used as raw materials or parts of other products or artifacts according to the terms and conditions specified by the Director General||30||exempted|
Excise Tax Rate Search System for Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal
Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal Excise Tax Rate Search System is a service of the Excise Department, which returns the Excise Tax Rate for the specified product properties and also calculates the estimated excise tax to be paid.
Mapping with Harmonized System Code for Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal
An import/export of Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal products requires to follow certain procedures as regulated by the Customs Department. Therefore, in order to facilitate a taxpayer to request for an import/export permit or to pay taxes and duties at the Customs Department, the mapping between Excise Tax Code and Customs' Harmonized System Code for Lead Crystal and Other Type of Crystal is available, here.